Search This Blog

Tuesday, December 15, 2009

Malo e lelei!
Well, there you have it folks! I am, as of this morning, an official Peace Corps Volunteer!!! I took an oath in front of the Tongan Peace Corps Staff, the Minister of Education in Tonga, the Archdeacon of Tonga, the Japanese Ambassador, and the New Zealand High Commissionor. It was a real honor and I felt so proud to be sworn in as a Peace Corps Volunteer.
I have wanted this for so long and I want to thank all of you who were so supportive throughout the whole process of getting here. I could not have done it without all of your efforts and endless love and encouragement. Thank you so so so much!
I leave Tonga today (the main island of Tongatapu, that is...), and will catch a 6am flight to Vava'u tomorrow morning, where I will spend my next two years serving at Malafihi College as an English Teacher. I could not be more excited about my placement and, I am anxious to jump right in to my community! That said, this is my last day with my fellow volunteers and I am quite sad to leave everyone :( We have some celebratory festivities planned for the evening ;) to enjoy our last night together. I can't wait! Tonga is so incredible and I have really enjoyed it here.
I'm not too sure when is the next time I will be near a computer but please keep checking my blog as I hope to upload photos of my new site!
Thanks again to everyone who helped me get here!!! I love you all so much :)

No comments:

Post a Comment