Search This Blog

Saturday, May 8, 2010

I finally decided I needed to just get away from my community and work for the night and spend some time relaxing! After all, I live on an island! Shouldn't it always be a day on the beach, lounging in your hammock with a corona in hand? It's funny that I live in absolute paradise out here but yet I still NEED a vacation from it! The Tongan islands are usually the place people dream to escape to! So, where do you escape if you already live in paradise?

Your getaway vacation and paradise is all in your mind. I had been trying to reach ths place just at home here by opening a book or learning to knit but the realities of all my committments to the world outside, were still knocking at my door- literally! I even turned the lights off, locked my door, sat on the ground and ate dinner beside a small candle. I pretended no one was home. I just needed alone time and wouldn't have gotten it otherwise if I didn't do that. It's silly, I know. I need to get back on track and I need to take more time for myself and to do 'palangi' things so, I decided to go camping with a couple of friends and it was more than rehabilitating! I am now uploading some pics from the adventure and then I'll follow up with the great story! Hope you stay tuned!

No comments:

Post a Comment