Search This Blog

Sunday, May 2, 2010

Hey friends and family!

As many of you know, I have been quite stressed from all my different commitments to my Tongan community and to Peace Corps. I have not had any time to myself nor any ‘palangi’ time for that matter. I have been 100% absorbed into my work, my Tongan friends, my secondary projects and my community activities. I have been living everything in the Tongan way of life… just doing as the Tongans do…..

In the end, it has driven me CRAZY! I just need a break as all of you guys already understand from my constant venting via email and late night phone calls. For all of that, I am SO sorry and I want to thank you all for being such good listeners and helping me out during this time of culture shock…more like time of loosing it! Thanks for all your great advice and I promise to take more time for myself and more time to do ‘palangi things’ with my palangi friends. I also really enjoy writing in this blog and I plan to do so more often now that I will make time for myself to do so! So, stay tuned for some cool updates and thanks again for all your endless love and support!

‘Ofa atu!
Ashley

No comments:

Post a Comment